|“||I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think, for one second, that I am one of them.||”|
— Sherlock Holmes
|Friends||John Watson, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, Gracie, Molly, Crackheads|
|Favorites||Murder, crimes, John Watson|
|Related To||Mycroft Holmes, Mrs. and Mr. Holmes|
|Portrayed By||Benedict Cumberbatch|
William Sherlock Scott Holmes, simply referred to as Sherlock Holmes, is the world's only consulting detective, a profession he created himself. He's intrigued by unusual and usually bizarre crimes. Without them, he rapidly becomes bored, relying on nicotine to keep his brain active. He used to use illegal drugs for entertainment, such as cocaine.
He met Gracie when she reunited with John, who happened to be her old grade school friend. He is sometimes impressed by her deductions, but just sees her as a friend. He sometimes helps the PSA, whom Gracie and The Doctor introduced him to. It's unknown how Sherlock and the Doctor met, but it can be assumed that since the Doctor always goes to London, they crossed paths sometime.
In the alternate universe of The Crack Made Me Do It, Sherlock will pop up at random times in the Crackpit to propose a case to the Crackheads, or sometimes they'll summon him to deduce the answer to a problem. However, it's uncertain at times whether he's actually there or just a hallucination caused by the great amounts of crack the Crackheads snort.
Sherlock can figure out cases really easily, using his "mind palace". It's a tool for remembering the smallest details and organising his memories in a visual way. However, the official police force distrusts and dislikes him for his somewhat anti-social and suspicious personality.
Sherlock's easily bored, constantly agitated by lack of work. He describes peace and quiet as "hateful". He sometimes won't take cases even if they're offered to him, unless he finds them significantly interesting (although, the more desperate he gets, the lower his standards are). Without a case, he will go to enormous lengths to keep himself occupied, such as repeatedly shooting the wall of his flat with live rounds.
- "I am not a psychopath, Anderson, I am a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research."
- "Look at that, Mrs. Hudson. Quiet, calm, peaceful... Isn't it hateful?"
- "Oh god, what is it like inside your tiny little brains, it must be so boring."
- "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
- "I don't have friends. I just got one."
- "I'd be lost without my blogger."
- He plays the violin.
- Gracie sometimes calls him Sheryl or Sherylock.
- He is secretly close friends with the Doctor.